Sunday, August 5, 2007

Adventures in Paradise

Several days ago I published the first chapter of ' The History of Gin ' here in Blogger.

The response to Ginger Mullins' tale is overwhelming. Rest assured. . .there is much more to the incredible history of this young woman.

But the Blog's format is flawed. Ginger's story, which is inspired by true events, will come across best as a serial flow of chapters uninterrupted by other material. But that sorta squeezes me out. . .I have stuff to say, but nowheres to Blog in my own Blog -- just like in "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" (by the way, I'm not Harlan Ellison and don't think I'ld want to be).

My Blog needs two parallel lines of Posts that are tied closely together for mutual support and collective defense but I currently don't see how to do that gracefully within the standard Blogger formats. Probably there is an easy way to do what I want -- first, Blogger's "quick start" standard formats likely have to be replaced by a versatile Blog publishing tool.

As a fix, I'll run 2 standard Blogger Blogs under one account and try to cross-link them together somewhat so they help each other. One Blog will be dominated by adventures in Blogging (like this) and other stuff, and the other will be a pristine narrative of ' The History of Gin .'

No comments: