Friday, August 10, 2007

A Tale of Two Cities - Pt. 1

Learn Why I Have Two Blogs. . .


The tail end of my last Post clearly illustrates why I must run two Blogs. I didn't want two Blogs, but. . .like greatness. . .two Blogs have been forced upon me.

I am a simple man and my intent in Blogging also is simple... I want to share ' The History of Gin ', my wildly popular biography of a young woman in an existential world, with its adoring fans.

Thing is, most people who should know seem to think a key to Blogging success is High Traffic and a key to High Traffic is Frequent Posting and a key to Frequent Posting is to post frequently.

One thing ' The History of Gin ' will not be is posted frequently. Just hearing a mere description of the herculean effort required to create a single chapter exhausts most people to the point of needing a nap. Needless to say, chapters aren't going to roll off the assembly line like black Model T's.

Therefore. . . " wildly popular "  and  " adoring fans "  are more aspiration than reality. Something is needed to lead people to swill at the trough of ' The History of Gin .' And I figure that something is another Blog tied to the original one.

But I don't WANT additional work nor another time-sink. I may already be very busy. You don't know. For all people know, I could be an internationally famous writer, or something, with tons of money and loads of angst to blow through (in that order) before I die. Maybe I "do" lunch on a regular basis. I might have "people." Maybe I'm so important my "people" even have "people." The only people that know for sure is me, and I'ld likely just lie about it.

For that matter, I might not be Human at all. Perhaps this Post is being composed by a Super-Intelligent Space Alien from the comfort of his pod on a cosy planet circling Achenar, the brightest star in the constellation Eridanus and the eighth brightest star in the nighttime sky. This might not even be a Post, but rather a screen for hidden instructions embedded in the text, like a BBC broadcast during World War II. The Alien minions surrounding Earth, bored with decades of getting off from doing weird stuff to people, might be anxious to receive their final instructions to strike.

Maybe the text of this very sentence, when terminated with an ellipsis, is the Order to subjugate Humanity...

BUT without the ellipsis, it's just words???

Scoff,  Terrians,  if it helps you sleep at night. . .Stranger things have been known to happen.

To Be Continued. . .

No comments: