Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Tale of Two Cities - Pt. 2

Learn Why I Have Two Blogs. . . (Continued)


In my prior Post I mentioned, among other things, that something at the end of my prior prior-Post illustrates why I must run two Blogs. Before plunging wildly down a tangent (as often I am wont to do) I began explaining that my Primary Blog (tho a thing of beauty) probably cannot generate the High Traffic it needs to be successful and lucrative. I suspect another Blog that is more Active and (dare I say it) more Interesting might help generate traffic for my " raison d'etre ". . . ' The History of Gin .'

Actually, if I were to enclose this paragraph in  " Colorado 's trade mark ' Heartfelt Honesty Box ' (a bull - free zone) ", I'ld have to tell you folks that a multitude of exactly ONE has beaten a path to ' The History of Gin 's door over the past couple weeks and though there's no way to know if that person is an " adoring fan " or not, it's quite obvious he or she never came back. Now I am a complex man and my intent in Blogging also is complex, but my disappointment is very simple. ...And the reason for this mind-numbingly underwhelming performance is that no one knows my wonderful biographical corner of the world exists.

On the other hand. . .as was evident at the end of my prior prior-Post. . .all I have to do is mention HTML code in this Blog and Google picks it up in an " E.E.'Doc'Smith " INSTANT (if not faster) and delivers references to it by the Billions in search results.

Truely. . .the Universe is indifferent. -- Which by the way is a cornerstone of Existentialism.

And I'm not complaining; I'ld rather an indifferent Universe than one having inscrutable "plans" for me.


So don't think I'm in despair sitting on a dirty linoleum floor drinking cheap Scotch like some people we know. Prior to launching this Secondary Blog I already had taken steps to make ' The History of Gin ' known to all by submitting the Blog to applicable Blog Carnivals (in fact, I believe my belov'ed lone visitor was a scout dispatched by a Carnival). More on Carnivals later...

No comments: